Instructions for poster presentation proposals
To submit a poster presentation proposal for consideration for inclusion in the conference program, please ensure that you read the following information, and complete each section of the online submission. You are required to provide a structured anonymous abstract of 260 words and must include background, aim/s, method, results and conclusion.
Submissions should meet the requirements listed below.
To prepare your abstract for submission please note:
The review process
- Select your title carefully - as it will determine your audience
- Do not include any information about the authors within the abstract
- Abstract must be submitted by author/s only
- Any references will not be included in the online or final programs
- Disclosure statement (financial and/or non-financial) All authors are required to complete the disclosure section indicating any financial or non-financial relationship(s) related to the content of the proposed abstract. Please make sure you complete this section when submitting your abstract.
- Poster presenters must register as a delegate of the conference. There are no reduced fees for poster presenters.
- Online conference registration will be available on the website from February 2018
- The 2018 Conference Planning Committee is considering the ePoster or poster board format, so if your abstract is accepted for a poster presentation, details of the format will be advised at this time
- Posters will be displayed within the conference venue
- Accepted abstracts will be included in the conference program
- Decisions regarding acceptance of poster proposals are made by the Conference Planning Committee (CPC) after the review process.
Guide to using the online proforma for abstract submission
- Single spacing with one line between paragraphs - do not indent paragraphs
- Use upper and lower case typing as required
- Do not use all upper case in the title or abstract
- Please ensure you check the abstract for overall clarity including accurate spelling, punctuation and grammar
- 260 words maximum
Poster papers are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Presentation type (Poster)
- Full title of your submission
- Abstract (copy and paste the five headings into the abstract)
- Keywords - Provide up to 6 keywords to accurately portray the scope of the presentation. Include words pertaining to the population or sample, the method, any tools or measures uses
and the key findings. These words should be reiterated at least once in the abstract.
- Subject categories - specify one or two from list provided
- Name/s of all author/s
- Select who will be the presenter/s
- Short biography of each presenter/s
- Disclosure statement (financial and/or non-financial) for each author
- Application to speech pathology practice
- The strength of theoretical and/or scientific premise of the project
- Evidence that results/data have been collected
- Level of details provided regarding the project, e.g. background, aim/s, method, results, conclusion
- Evidence of innovation/originality of project and findings
- The overall clarity of the abstract including accurate spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Relevance to the conference theme
- Following the review process, to assist with abstract selection, you may be required to provide additional information regarding your submission or rewrite your abstract.
proceeding to the online submission, please use this checklist to ensure
you are ready to submit your poster abstract.
Please now click this link to proceed to the online abstract submission