National Conference 2018
27 – 30 May 2018
Adelaide Convention Centre, South Australia
Online Conference Program and Registration is now open
Come to Adelaide for a conference that will INSPIRE you!
INSPIRE is about INSpiring Practice Innovation, Research and Engagement.
Through this conference the 2018 Conference Planning Committee (CPC) wants you to be inspired by the vision captured in Speech Pathology 2030 - making futures happen to:
- Develop quality services by staying informed of and actively engaging with practice innovations and advances
- Take an active part in undertaking research to develop and refine the evidence base
- Ensure the rapid translation of evidence to practice.
- Engage, connect and partner with others – people, communities and other professionals.
The INSPIRE theme of this conference:
- Captures the cycle of connection between practice and research: research informing practice and practice informing research
- Advocates for innovative practices to continuously improve outcomes for those with communication and swallowing disorders.
The CPC has worked hard to produce a program with an excellent range of high quality presentation in a range of topic areas that will be of interest to a wide cross-section of the profession. This was a particularly challenging process given the number of high quality submissions that were received. The information provided by reviewers greatly assisted the selection process and the CPC is grateful for the important contribution made by reviewers.
In addition to the presentation by the keynote and invited speakers the conference program features oral presentation, workshops, forums, presented e-posters (PePs) and posters. PePs will be five minutes and are peppered (excuse the pun!) through the oral sessions. Questions can be directed to presenters of both oral presentations and PePs during the interactive question time allocated at the end of these sessions.
The 2018 conference sees the return of paper posters and interactive sessions with poster presenters. Posters will be on display within the exhibition hall each day with dedicated times during lunch on Monday and Wednesday for authors to speak to their posters and discuss their work with delegates. Delegates will have access to a PDF of the paper and PeP posters through the conference app.
The conference sessions conclude on Wednesday with an INSPIRE-ing panel session!
(F) denotes forum, (P) denotes presented e-posters (S) denotes seminar and (W) denotes workshop
The CPC commends the conference program to you and recommends you read it thoroughly before proceeding to the online registration process. This will enable you to view the sessions on offer prior to making your selections when you register. Please note that some topics such as hearing, tele-practice and justice are embedded throughout the program rather than streamed separately. Workshop presenters have set attendance numbers and capacity of some sessions will be limited by room size. Remember that registering is the only way to secure your place.
Terms and Conditions
Member Registration Fee
Remember to renew your Speech Pathology Australia membership (or if you are not a member, please consider doing so), to obtain the member registration fee. Our system automatically determines the registration fee according to your membership status.
Trouble-shooting scrolling during selection of Conference Sessions
Conference sessions need to be selected during the registration process. Ensure you open each of the days to view the sessions available. If you have made an incorrect selection, a red conflict notice will appear. Ensure you only select one session per timeslot and if a seminar or workshop is for three hours you will need to select both sessions. You cannot proceed to the Payment Screen until all required questions have been answered.
Credit Card Payments
Credit Card payment is the only form of online payment offered (MasterCard and Visa). Your tax receipt and confirmation can be downloaded from the "My Events" tab of your My Account page.
Sunday 27 May - Private Practice Workshop and Keynote Masterclass
- Full Practising member, Re-entry and Non-member registrations are offered entry to the Private Practice Workshop at no additional cost. There is a fee for day registrations or those who wish to attend the Workshop only.
- The Keynote Masterclass is an optional extra to all registration fees.
Social events included within payment of your Registration Fee
- Speech Pathology Australia Certified Practising, Non Certified and Re-Entry Members and Non Member registrations automatically include a ticket to the Welcome Reception Sunday and Conference Dinner Wednesday.
- Full registrations for Speech Pathology Australia Non Practising and Full-Time Post Graduate Student Member and Speech Pathology Australia Student members automatically includes the Welcome Reception only.
- Tickets for the Welcome Reception and Conference Dinner can be purchased online with your registration.
Associate Professions may access Member rates
Associate Professions = A member of an associate profession.
If you have attended a previous Speech Pathology Australia Conference, you will already have a Username and Password. If you do not remember this information, select the forgot my password or my username and follow the process.
Associate Professions attending the conference for the first time click the Create a new account and follow the process. Once completed you will be returned to the registration page, included in the conference information is a link to complete the required information form. Enter the relevant membership information. Once completed Associate Professions can register and will be offered the Member rates. Proof of membership must be emailed to Speech Pathology Australia to finalise the registration.
If you require special assistance or have a dietary requirement...
If you have completed the dietary requirement or accessibility issues section on the online registration form, details will be passed on to relevant parties. While all care is taken in relation to food allergies and intolerances advised to us by registrants, Speech Pathology Australia cannot guarantee completely allergy free meals, nor held responsible for any adverse reaction. Any registrant who has notified of a food allergy or intolerance is to make themselves known to the staff at the Conference registration deck upon arrival. We will endeavour to provide your request but this cannot be guaranteed as the venue might also have restrictions.
A list of conference participants, which will include each attendee’s name, workplace (if provided), State/Territory and email address will be provided to each delegate and exhibitor/sponsor at the Conference. Some delegates and exhibitors/sponsors are based or reside overseas. If your details are included on the list, you might be contacted after the Conference by anyone who receives the list. If you do not wish to appear on the list of participants, you should tick the relevant box on the Conference registration form.
Further information regarding National Conference
2018 Conference Planning Committee (CPC)
- Barbara Lyndon - Conference Convenor
- Jane Bickford –Scientific Program Chair (SPC)
- Tamara Hall
- Penny Miller
- Joanne Murray
- Pamela Richards - National Conference Manager.
- Cori Williams - Senior Advisor, Evidence Based Practice and Research