The Vice President Operations (VPO) and the Vice President Communications (VPC) are both members of the Board of Directors of Speech Pathology Australia and together with the President and the CEO form the Council Management Group (CMG). The vice president’s have the following priorities within their portfolios:
The Vice President Operations (VPO) supervises the business operations of the Association.
The priorities for the VPO include:
- Monitoring the financial position of the Association in consultation with the CEO
- Ensuring Policy Manual and the Councillor’s Handbook are updated as required
- Pursuing external funding opportunities for the Association
- Maintaining and improve membership numbers
- General membership services
- Corporate gifts
To contact the Vice President Operations please email
The Vice President Communications (VPC) aims to provide effective communication to and between members of the Council of the Association and the membership. The VPC also liaises between the membership and the Ethics Board and the Council.
The priorities for the VPC include:
- Supporting and nurturing volunteer resources through promoting the Association and its activities to members (specifically through Speak Out and the website)
- Developing the Association’s website to facilitate dissemination of information
- Recognising outstanding contributions of students, members and community groups through an Awards process.
- About SPA
- Join SPA
- SPA News & Events
- Information for Members
- Information for the Community
- Lobbying & Advocacy
- SPA Discussion Boards