Membership Renewals – what you need to know to renew before 1 July
The Association’s membership year follows the financial year i.e. 1 July to 30 June.
Renewals are currently open till 1 July 2023.
1 July 2023 to 30 June 2024
Certified Practising: $572.00
Non Certified: $572.00
Re entry: $572.00
Non Practising: $401.50
Full Time Post Grad: $286.00
| All membership fees can be paid in full or via monthly or quarterly direct debit
The Certification Program requirements for Certified Practising members
Certified Practising members are required to meet the accrual of a minimum of 20 hours of learning for the membership period of 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023 and MUST include:
• a minimum of 2 hours receipt of professional support; and
• a minimum of 2 hours of cultural learning (Aboriginal and
Torres Strait Islander)
Are you paying your membership fees by direct debit?
All direct debit payments will roll over into the new membership year with the first installment being made on 15 July. A $15 administration fee will apply for anyone opting to pay this way. Membership fees for all categories can be paid monthly or quarterly.
You must also renew online and sign the member declaration (and declare your CPD hours if you are a Certified Practising member.)
Members with Medicare, NDIS and/or Private Health Providers numbers
Please ensure you renew by 1 July 2023 to avoid any potential disruption to your Medicare provider status.
Provisional Certified Practising Membership (CPSP) to full CPSP
To move from Provisional to full CPSP status you have to meet the requirements below prior to your renewal:
- Worked a minimum of 200 speech pathology practice hours (roughly equivalent to working as a speech pathologist full time for six weeks)
- Received a minimum of 12 hours of supervision or mentoring from a more experienced speech pathologist. At least 6 of the 12 supervision or mentoring hours must be earned in 1:1 interactions (i.e., not group supervision or mentoring).
- Completed the specified evidence-based practice education requirements specified by the Association
- Completed the ethics education requirements specified by the Association
If you have not completed the above you can renew again as provisional but you MUST submit the annual CPD requirements.
You have a maximum of three years from course completion to complete all the eligibility requirements to transition from Provisional to full CPSP status.
For more information check out the New Graduates - Information for Provisional CPSPs document or email [email protected]
Parental Leave Benefit
The Association is pleased to offer eligible members a special member benefit following or prior to the birth or adoption of children.
Criteria for this benefit of a free year's membership for 2023/2024 are as follows:
- You must have had three years continuous paid full membership (student membership is not counted) prior to applying for this benefit
- You have not or will not be working as a Speech Pathologist for a minimum of six months
- You cannot have more than one year parental leave benefit in any two consecutive years
If you are eligible for this benefit you simply need to choose 'Parental Leave Benefit' on the payment page on the online renewal form.
If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact our friendly membership team for assistance by email or telephone or 1300 368 835.
Get the most out of your membership
Get the most out of your membership!