Membership Renewals – what you need to know to renew before 1 July
The Association’s membership year follows the financial year i.e. 1 July to 30 June.
Renewals will open online from 1 June 2020.
1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021
Certified Practising: $546
Non Certified: $546
Re entry: $546
Non Practising: $376
Full Time Post Grad: $286
|There is no increase in membership fees again this year!
Will you be paying your fees in full before 1 July?
For those members who opt to pay in full prior to 1 July they will receive a voucher of up to $100 to use against any taped Speech Pathology Australia online course/s of their choosing including the 2019 National Tour by Dr Julie Cichero (recordings) and all previous National Tour recordings.
• Eligible members will receive an email after 1 July 2020 with information regarding the discount code.
• The discount code is valid for use in one transaction only.
• Where an event is less than $100, no credit will be given.
• No rain checks or reimbursements will be provided.
• The discount will apply only to online courses offered through the Association’s Learning Hub.
This does not apply to LIVE Online, 2021 National Tour Workshop or face to face workshops.
• Members will have until 30 June 2021 to use the discount.
PSR requirements for Certified Practising members
Certified Practising members are required to submit a minimum of 20 points across at least two PSR activity types for the 12 month period: 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020.
Online learning can be counted as activities in Independent Study, Workshops AND Conferences.
If you don’t have your points and/or hours, the PSR requirements can be extended for 12 months. This will include either the currency of practice (CPD points) and/or the recency of practice (1000 practice hours in the past five years). This means that members have until June 2021 to achieve their CPD hours and/or practice hours. Simply choose the ‘I am requesting an extension’ option when you renew online.
Are you paying your membership fees by direct debit?
All direct debit payments will roll over into the new membership year but payment has been deferred with the first instalment being made on 15 September (giving members an additional two months before they have to start paying their fees.) The $15 administration fee has also been waived for anyone opting to pay this way. Membership fees for all categories can be paid monthly (eg $60 a month for CPSP) or quarterly (eg $138 per quarter for CPSP)
You must also renew online and sign the member declaration (and declare your PSR points if you are a Certified Practising member.)
Members with Medicare, NDIS and/ or Private Health Providers numbers
Please ensure you renew by 1 July 2020 to avoid any potential disruption to your Medicare provider status.
Provisional Certified Practising Membership (CPSP) to full CPSP
To move from Provisional to full CPSP status you have to meet the requirements below prior to your renewal:
- Worked a minimum of 200 speech pathology practice hours (roughly equivalent to working as a speech pathologist full time for six weeks)
- Received a minimum of 12 hours of mentoring or clinical supervision from a more experienced speech pathologist (12 CPD points)
- Completed one of the specified Evidence-based practice modules (2 or 4 CPD points depending on which option you choose)
- Completed one of the specified Ethics modules (4 CPD points)
If you have not completed the above you can renew again as provisional but you MUST submit at least 20 CPD points.
For more information check out the New Graduates - Information for Provisional CPSPs document or email Rosie Miller, PSR Advisor.
Parental Leave Benefit
The Association is pleased to offer eligible members a special member benefit following or prior to the birth or adoption of children.
Criteria for this benefit of a free year's membership for 2020/21 are as follows:
- You must have had three years continuous paid full membership (student membership is not counted) prior to applying for this benefit
- You have not or will not be working as a Speech Pathologist for a minimum of six months
- You cannot have more than one year parental leave benefit in any two consecutive year
If you are eligible for this benefit you simply need to choose 'Parental Leave Benefit' on the payment page on the online renewal form.
If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact our friendly membership team for assistance by email or telephone or 1300 368 835.
Get the most out of your membership
Get the most out of your membership!