Membership Renewals – what you need to know to renew before 1 July
The Association’s membership year follows the financial year i.e. 1 July to 30 June.
Did you know that you can start to plan your membership renewal now?
Renewals will open online from 3 June 2019.
1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020
Certified Practising: $546
Non Certified: $546
Re entry: $546
Non Practising: $376
Full Time Post Grad: $286
PSR requirements for Certified Practising members
If you previously renewed for 18 months you will need to submit a minimum of 20 points across at least two PSR activity types for the
period: 1 January 2018 to 30 June 2019.
If you previously renewed for 12 months you will need to submit a minimum of 20 points across at least two PSR activity types for the 12 month period: 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019.
Are you paying your membership fees by direct debit?
All direct debit payments will roll over into the new membership year with the first instalment being made on 15 July. You must also renew online and sign the member declaration (and declare your PSR points if you are a Certified Practising member.)
Members with Medicare, NDIS and/ or Private Health Providers numbers
Please ensure you renew by 1 July 2019 to avoid any potential disruption to your Medicare provider status.
Provisional Certified Practising Membership (CPSP) to full CPSP
To move from Provisional to full CPSP status you have to meet the requirements below prior to your renewal:
- Worked a minimum of 200 hours in speech pathology practice post course-completion.
- Undertaken sufficient professional development to have met the annual requirements of the PSR program of a minimum of 20 points per annum across at least two different activity types (maximum 12 point per activity type).
- Earned at least 12 points in PSR activity type M for receiving clinical supervision and mentoring since commencing employment.
- Completed SPA Evidence-Based Practice resources
- Completed SPA Ethics resources
Parental Leave Benefit
The Association is pleased to offer eligible members a special member benefit following or prior to the birth or adoption of children.
Criteria for this benefit of two years membership for the price of one are as follows:
- You must have had three years continuous paid full membership (student membership is not counted) prior to applying for this benefit
- You have not or will not be working as a Speech Pathologist for a minimum of six months
- You cannot have more than one year parental leave benefit in any two consecutive year
If you are eligible for this benefit you simply need to choose 'Parental Leave Benefit' on the payment page on the online renewal form.
If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact our friendly membership team for assistance by email or telephone or 1300 368 835.
Get the most out of your membership
Get the most out of your membership!