Membership Renewals – what you need to know to renew before 1 July
The Association’s membership year follows the financial year i.e. 1 July to 30 June.
Renewals are currently open till 1 July 2022.
1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023
Certified Practising: $557
Non Certified: $557
Re entry: $557
Non Practising: $390
Full Time Post Grad: $279
| All membership fees can be paid via monthly or quarterly direct debit
PSR requirements for Certified Practising members
Certified Practising members are required to submit a minimum of 20 points across at least two PSR activity types for the 12 month period: 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.
Online learning can be counted as activities in Independent Study and Workshops.
Are you paying your membership fees by direct debit?
All direct debit payments will roll over into the new membership year with the first instalment being made on 15 July. A $15 administration fee will apply for anyone opting to pay this way. Membership fees for all categories can be paid monthly (eg $52 a month for CPSP) or quarterly (eg $143 per quarter for CPSP)
You must also renew online and sign the member declaration (and declare your PSR points if you are a Certified Practising member.)
Members with Medicare, NDIS and/ or Private Health Providers numbers
Please ensure you renew by 1 July 2022 to avoid any potential disruption to your Medicare provider status.
Provisional Certified Practising Membership (CPSP) to full CPSP
To move from Provisional to full CPSP status you have to meet the requirements below prior to your renewal:
- Worked a minimum of 200 speech pathology practice hours (roughly equivalent to working as a speech pathologist full time for six weeks)
- Received a minimum of 12 hours of mentoring or clinical supervision from a more experienced speech pathologist (12 CPD points)
- Completed one of the specified Evidence-based practice modules (2 or 4 CPD points depending on which option you choose)
- Completed one of the specified Ethics modules (4 CPD points)
If you have not completed the above you can renew again as provisional but you MUST submit at least 20 CPD points.
You have a maximum of three years from course completion to complete all the eligibility requirements to transition from Provisional to full CPSP status.
For more information check out the New Graduates - Information for Provisional CPSPs document or email [email protected]
Parental Leave Benefit
The Association is pleased to offer eligible members a special member benefit following or prior to the birth or adoption of children.
Criteria for this benefit of a free year's membership for 2022/2023 are as follows:
- You must have had three years continuous paid full membership (student membership is not counted) prior to applying for this benefit
- You have not or will not be working as a Speech Pathologist for a minimum of six months
- You cannot have more than one year parental leave benefit in any two consecutive years
If you are eligible for this benefit you simply need to choose 'Parental Leave Benefit' on the payment page on the online renewal form.
If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact our friendly membership team for assistance by email or telephone or 1300 368 835.
Get the most out of your membership
Get the most out of your membership!