LIVE Online details
Participants must attend/complete all elements:
(Registration is for both sessions)
Pre-workshop activity – self paced activity sent a week prior
Live session 1 – Friday 19 June 2020, 1-4pm AEST
Live session 2 – Friday 26 June 2020, 1-4pm AEST
workshop will explore principles of communication partner training for acquired
language disorder conditions. The application of training will be discussed
across conditions including aphasia and TBI, with the application with people
with dementia a particular focus.
successful completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the focus of communication partner training across acquired language conditions (Dementia, aphasia and TBI) including similarities and differences between conditions
- Discuss available training programs for use with clients in communication partner training
- Identify the link between communication and quality of care, particularly in dementia
- Use the information presented to plan communication partner training related management
- Identify ways to measure outcomes of communication partner training.
Who should attend?
This workshop is relevant for speech pathologists with some
knowledge or experience working with adults with acquired communication
disorders. Registrants should be familiar with the communication changes
associated with dementia, aphasia and TBI.
Speech pathology students who have undertaken relevant
lectures/coursework/clinical placements in acquired language disorders are
welcome to attend.
If you have any questions about the workshop or venue, please contact Airlie Smith, CPD Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the registration process please contact National Office email@example.com