In this workshop, Professor Tricia McCabe will provide a practical and evidence-based overview of interventions for childhood apraxia of speech from toddlers to adults.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss recent research developments in treatment of childhood apraxia of speech (CAS).
2. Learn about free resources which will help them implement evidence based practice in treatment of CAS.
3. Practice providing treatment in two of the evidence based treatments of CAS.
4. Create a checklist for evaluating emerging treatments with less research evidence.
5. Discuss problem solving in treatment of children with CAS who also have other diagnoses.
Who should attend?
Registrants must be speech pathologists or final year speech pathology students.
This workshop is relevant to speech pathologists with clinical speech disorder caseloads.
Before the workshop
There is no prescribed pre-reading, all materials will be provided at the workshop.
Participants should think about a case they would like to share with other participants and make sure they can recall age, comorbidities, previous therapy history, speech inventory and what works or doesn’t work in therapy. Please also bring a smart device (phone, ipad) to the workshop.
One day workshop in Hobart on Thursday 13 February 2020
8.30 am registration for a 9.00 am start, concludes at 4.30 pm
If you have any questions about the workshop or venue, please contact Erin Masson, CPD Coordinator email@example.com
If you have any questions about the registration process please contact National Office firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 368 835.