LIVE Online details
Participants must attend/complete all elements:
(Registration is for both sessions)
Live session 1 – Friday 29 May 2020, 9-12pm AEST
Live session 2 – Friday 5 June 2020, 9-12pm AEST
This workshop focuses on oral narrative assessment and intervention for children (pre-school and primary school-age) across two narrative contexts: personal narratives and fictional narratives. It provides hands-on practice in analysing oral narratives and in assessment-based goal setting, evidence-based intervention planning, and progress monitoring.
The workshop will consist of lecture style content (using case examples and video footage), as well as interactive discussion, and hands-on case-study activities.
At the end of the workshops, participants will be able to:
- explain the development of oral narrative abilities in typically developing children and adolescents
- map narrative discourse competencies to the achievement standards outlined in the Australian English Curriculum
- describe the oral narrative skills of children with developmental language disorders and language disorders associated with biomedical conditions, such as Down syndrome and autism
- analyse oral narrative samples across a range of genres, including personal event narratives and fictional narratives
- evaluate existing oral narrative intervention programs by applying theoretical and evidence-based principles and strategies
- design a narrative (based) intervention program.
Who should attend?
This workshop is relevant for speech pathologists (not suitable
for speech pathology students) working with preschool/school aged children with
language difficulties and disorders, including developmental language disorders
and language disorders associated with Down syndrome or autism
Registrants are assumed to have knowledge of and experience in
child language assessment and intervention.
If you have any questions about the workshop or venue, please contact Erin Masson, CPD Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the registration process please contact National Office email@example.com or 1300 368 835.