Terms and Conditions
Please see below the Terms and Conditions relating to registration for Speech Pathology Australia Professional Education events run online, nationally and in each Branch. In proceeding with registration, you agree to the following Speech Pathology Australia Terms and Conditions.
Before registering, please check the information on the event advertisement and contact us if further clarification is required. If you have any questions regarding the online registration process or if you do not receive immediate email confirmation, please contact National Office on 1300 368 835 or email.
You must register online for this event and pay by Mastercard or Visa at the time of registration.
- Speech Pathology Australia cannot provide tax invoices or quotes.
- Members can update the address associated with their Speech Pathology Australia account if they require their work address to be shown on the invoice. Updated invoices can be accessed via the member area on the Learning Hub.
- Credit card payment is required at the time of online transaction for Speech Pathology Australia (event registration, membership renewal, purchases).
- If you are a Speech Pathology Australia member, please log onto the Learning Hub using your SPA login, otherwise you will be charged non-member rates.
- If you are not a Speech Pathology Australia member and/or have not previously created an account, go to “Create Account” to proceed with your registration.
- Speech Pathology Australia is unable to reserve places.
- Only individual registrations will be accepted for each event. Participants must register under their own name, using their SPA profile.
- Substitutions will not be accepted (see Transfer of registration section below). Multiple registrations will be cancelled and refunded.
- If you do not receive an email notification, then you are not registered for the event.
- If you are not registered for the event, then you will not be able to be accommodated if you attend on the day of the workshop.
- If you are following up on your event registration, please ensure that you contact National Office at least one week prior to the event date.
Registration cut-off dates
- Numbers are capped so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Registration for face-to-face events close one week before the event date or prior if the event is ‘sold out’. Please ensure you register before booking flights and accommodation as events can and do sell out. Speech Pathology Australia bears no responsibility for any costs incurred (such as flights, accommodation, travel expenses) or loss of income.
- Registrations for LIVE Online events will close up to 4 days prior to the event or prior if the event is ‘sold out’.
- Please note that National Office is not able to maintain a waitlist.
- In the event of a registrant cancelling, the event would be re-opened and whoever is first to register online would secure the available spot.
Workshop materials and non-attendance
- If a registrant is unable to attend a live workshop (face-to-face workshop or online), materials such as resources and recordings cannot be made available as standalone materials.
- The Association cannot guarantee that a recording will be made of all online live workshops. Access to recordings are for registrants only, and provided on a case by case basis.
- Recordings of live events cannot be made available to non-registrants as standalone materials.
- Except with the Association's prior written approval, workshop materials and handouts must not, in whole or part, be reproduced, modified, adapted, distributed, published or electronically communicated (including by online means).
Transfer of registration and cancellations
- We are unable to accept transfers of registration.
- If you are unable to attend a live workshop you have registered for, you must contact the event coordinator or the Learning Hub as soon as possible BEFORE the start of the session.
- For online events, NO REFUND will be issued after registrants have been given access to workshop materials (pre-workshop activity and handouts); or for non-attendance.
- Registrants who withdraw prior to workshop materials being made accessible for a live workshop will receive a full refund, less a $25 processing fee.
- For face-to-face events:
- 31 days or more before the start of an event – 90% of registration fee refunded to cover administration costs
- 3-30 days before the start an event - 50% of registration fee refunded to cover administration costs and venue/catering charges
- No refund for cancellations made 2 or less business days before an event, or for non-attendance.
- All refunds must be applied for in writing by emailing the Learning Hub.
- 100% of the registration fee will be refunded if the Association cancels or defers the event. The Association bears no responsibility for any costs incurred (such as flights, accommodation, travel expenses) or loss of income.
- Registrants are NOT permitted to record any or part of online or face-to-face events in any format including audio recording, video recording, or through use of mobile devices for filming or photography.
- The Association and its representatives may record online and face-to-face events for use by the Association. See workshop materials for more information about access to workshop recordings. Photographs may be taken for use in Speech Pathology Australia resources and publications.
- Please contact the Professional Education Coordinator if you wish to discuss this further.
- For face-to-face events, please identify yourself to the Professional Education representative at the event if you do not wish to be included.
- In accordance with this policy which includes “Any personal information we collect from you will be used to promote the speech pathology profession and in relation to the objects of the Association, including the following purposes: To administer our relationship with third parties, such as our contractors and agents”, your information can be forwarded by Speech Pathology Australia as relevant for purposes related to delivering services to you, including speakers, venues, catering companies, and other suppliers.
- Your information can be used by Speech Pathology Australia to process your registration, send information and other purposes.
FACE-TO-FACE EVENTS ONLY
- Traveller’s rates are available only for non-metropolitan members whose place of work and/or home address listed on their Speech Pathology Australia membership record is more than 150km from their nearest capital city. Please ensure your membership record details are current.
- Members in the ACT, NT or Tasmanian Branches travelling to a workshop not on offer in their own Branch are also eligible.
- This rate does NOT apply to metropolitan members travelling intrastate or interstate to attend a workshop.
- Registrants will be contacted if they do not meet the eligibility criteria and will have the option to pay the differential or receive a refund.
- Please complete the relevant section when registering online. This information may be forwarded to third parties/venues as required.
- It is the registrant’s responsibility to notify the Association of any dietary requirements at the time of registration. The Association cannot guarantee your requirements will be catered for if notified less than a week before an event.
- While all care is taken in relation to food allergies and intolerances advised to us by registrants, Speech Pathology Australia cannot guarantee completely allergy free meals, nor be held responsible for any adverse reaction.
- Information regarding food allergies or intolerances will be forwarded to suppliers (venue/caterers). If a requirement cannot be catered for by the venue, the registrant will be advised and/or have the option to self-cater.
- The registrant is to make themselves known to the Professional Education representative and/or venue staff upon arrival at the venue.
- Please contact the Professional Education Coordinator for the event or the Learning Hub if you need to discuss further.
- Speech Pathology Australia does not, nor is able to, guarantee the availability of access to free Wi-Fi at events.
Disclaimer (Important Notice): The views expressed in this presentation and reproduced in these materials are not necessarily the views of, or endorsed by, The Speech Pathology Association of Australia Limited ("the Association"). The Association makes no warranty or representation in relation to the content, currency or accuracy of any of the materials comprised in this presentation. The Association expressly disclaims any and all liability (including liability for negligence) in respect of use of these materials and the information contained within them. Speech Pathology Australia recommends you seek independent professional advice prior to making any decision involving matters outlined in this presentation including in any of the materials referred to or otherwise incorporated into this presentation.