Terms and Conditions
Please see below the Terms and Conditions relating to registration for Speech Pathology Australia Professional Education events run online, nationally and in each Branch. In proceeding with registration, you agree to the following Speech Pathology Australia Terms and Conditions.
Before registering, please check the information on the event advertisement and contact us if further clarification is required. If you have any questions or queries regarding the online registration process or if you do not receive immediate email confirmation, please contact National Office on 1300 368 835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must register online for this workshop and pay by Mastercard or Visa at the time of registration.
- Speech Pathology Australia cannot provide tax invoicing or quotes.
- Members are able to update the address associated with their Speech Pathology Australia account if they require their work address to be shown on the invoice, and can access updated invoices via their member area on the Learning Hub.
- Credit card payment is required at the time of online transaction for Speech Pathology Australia (event registration, membership renewal, purchases).
- If you are a Speech Pathology Australia member, please log onto the Learning Hub using your SPA login, otherwise you will be charged non-member rates.
- If you are not a Speech Pathology Australia member and/or have not previously created an account, go to “Create Account” to proceed with your registration.
- Navigate to the Learning Hub to register for events.
- Speech Pathology Australia is unable to reserve places.
- Only individual registrations will be accepted for each event. Multiple registrations will be cancelled and refunded.
Transfers of registration
- Substitutes/swaps are not accepted without prior communication with National Office. The request for transfer must be received via email from the original registrant with details of the event and replacement registrant.
- The transfer option is available only if both parties are Speech Pathology Australia members, eligible for the same registration fee, and working at the same organisation.
- The registrant’s name can be transferred against the payment that has been made if all of the above applies.
- If you do not receive an email notification, then you are not registered for the event.
- If you are not registered for the event, then you will not be able to be accommodated if you attend on the day of the workshop.
- If you are following up on your event registration, please ensure that you contact National Office at least one week prior to the event date.
Registration cut-off dates
- Registration for face-to-face events close one week before the event date or prior if the event is ‘sold out’.
- Registrations for LIVE Online events will close up to 4 days prior to the event or prior if the event is ‘sold out’.
- Numbers are capped so book early to avoid disappointment.
- For face-to-face events: please ensure you register before booking flights and accommodation as events can and do sell out. Speech Pathology Australia bears no responsibility for any costs incurred (such as flights, accommodation, travel expenses) or loss of income.
Sold out Events
- Please note that National Office is not able to maintain a waitlist for sold out events.
- In the event of a registrant cancelling, the event would be re-opened and whoever was first to register online would secure the available spot.
- If a registrant is unable to attend an online or face to face workshop, workshop materials such as handouts, recordings etc cannot be made available as ‘stand alone’ materials.
- Except with the Association's prior written approval, workshop materials and handouts must not, in whole or part, be reproduced, modified, adapted, distributed, published or electronically communicated (including by online means).
- In accordance with this policy which includes “Any personal information we collect from you will be used to promote the speech pathology profession and in relation to the objects of the Association, including the following purposes: To administer our relationship with third parties, such as our contractors and agents.”, your information can be forwarded by Speech Pathology Australia as relevant for purposes related to delivering services to you, including speakers, venues, catering companies, and other suppliers.
- Your information can be used by Speech Pathology Australia to process your registration, send information and other purposes related to delivering to you services which you have ordered from Speech Pathology Australia.
- For online events:
- No refund will be issued if cancellation occurs after the registrant has been added to the closed Learning Community group, or for non-attendance.
- 90% of registration fee will be refunded to cover administration costs if cancellations occur prior to being added to the closed Learning Community group.
- For face to face events:
- 31 days or more before the start of an event– 90% of registration fee refunded to cover administration costs.
- 3-30 days before the start an event - 50% of registration fee refunded to cover administration costs.
- No refund for cancellations made 2 or less business days before an event, or for non-attendance.
- Refunds must be applied for in writing.
- Refund amounts will be credited back to the account used to pay for the registration after the event has concluded.
- 100% of the registration fee will be refunded if the Association cancels or defers the event. The Association bears no responsibility for any costs incurred (such as flights, accommodation, travel expenses) or loss of income.
- Registrants are NOT permitted to record any or part of online or face to face events in any format including audio recording, video recording, or through use of mobile devices for filming or photography.
- Online and face to face events may be recorded for use by the Association.
- Photographs may be taken for use in Speech Pathology Australia resources and publications.
- Please contact the Professional Education Coordinator if you wish to discuss this further.
- For face to face events, please identify yourself to the Professional Education rep at the event if you do not wish to be included.
FACE TO FACE EVENTS ONLY
- Traveller’s rates are available only for non-metropolitan members whose place of work and/or home address listed on their Speech Pathology Australia membership record is more than 150km from their nearest capital city. Please ensure your membership record details are current.
- Members in the ACT, NT or Tasmanian Branches travelling to a workshop not on offer in their own Branch are also eligible.
- This rate does NOT apply to metropolitan members travelling intrastate or interstate to attend a workshop.
- Registrants choosing this class will be contacted if they do not meet the eligibility criteria and will have the option to pay the differential or receive a refund.
- Please complete the relevant section when registering online. This information may be forwarded to third parties/venues as required.
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided for one and two-day workshops.
- Please complete the relevant section when registering online for special dietary requirements.
- Information regarding food allergies or intolerances will be forwarded to suppliers (venue/caterers).
- While all care is taken in relation to food allergies and intolerances advised to us by registrants, Speech Pathology Australia cannot guarantee completely allergy free meals, nor held responsible for any adverse reaction.
- Any registrant who has notified of a food intolerance or allergy will be advised and/or have the option to self-cater with a partial refund.
- The registrant is to make themselves known to the Professional Education rep/s and/or venue staff upon arrival at the venue.
- Please contact the Coordinator for the event if you need to discuss further.
- Speech Pathology Australia does not, nor is able to, guarantee the availability of access to free wifi at events.
Disclaimer (Important Notice): The views expressed in this presentation and reproduced in these materials are not necessarily the views of, or endorsed by, The Speech Pathology Association of Australia Limited ("the Association"). The Association makes no warranty or representation in relation to the content, currency or accuracy of any of the materials comprised in this presentation. The Association expressly disclaims any and all liability (including liability for negligence) in respect of use of these materials and the information contained within them. Speech Pathology Austalia recommends you seek independent professional advice prior to making any decision involving matters outlined in this presentation including in any of the materials referred to or otherwise incorporated into this presentation.