Terms and Conditions
Please see below the Terms and Conditions relating to registration for SPA CPD events run in each Branch. In proceeding with Registration you agree to the following Speech Pathology Australia (SPA) terms and conditions.
Before registering, please check the information on the brochure and contact us if further clarification is required. If you have any enquiries about the workshop or venue, please contact the relevant CPD Coordinator whose contact details appear on the event brochure. If you have any questions or queries regarding the online registration process or if you do not receive immediate email confirmation, please contact National Office on 1300 368 835 or email@example.com
You must register online for this workshop and pay by Mastercard or Visa at the time of registration.
SPA cannot / does not raise Tax Invoices nor quotes.
- For online transactions for Speech Pathology Australia (that is, CPD events, National Conferences, SPA membership, SPA Store), payment by credit card
is required at the time of the online transaction (registration, membership renewal, purchase).
- There is not an option for an invoice or quote to be raised.
- This is SPA policy and procedure that has been ratified by the SPA Board.
- Members are able to input their employer’s details on the registration page where there is an option to enter an alternate address for the receipt to be sent
You will need to log in to the SPA website to register.
- If you are a SPA member, please do not create a new account or you will not be recognized as a current member and your fee will appear at Non Member
rates. If you are not a SPA member and/or have not previously created an account, go to “Create Account” to proceed with your registration.
If you do not receive email notification, then you are not registered for the event.
- If you are not registered for the event, then you will not be able to be accommodated if you attend on the day of the workshop.
- If you are following up on your event registration, please ensure that you contact National Office at least one week prior to the event date.
Registration cut-off dates
- Online registrations close one week before the event date or prior if the event is ‘sold out’.
- Numbers are capped so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Please note – the only way to secure a place in a CPD event is to register online; SPA is unable to reserve places.
- Please ensure you register before booking flights and accommodation as events can and do sell out.
- Wait lists will not be maintained in case of a sold out or repeat event.
Sold out Events
- Please note that National Office is not able to maintain a waitlist for sold out events.
- In the event of a registrant cancelling, the event would be re-opened and whoever was first to register online would secure the available spot.
- If a vacancy occurs after the early bird cut off, the additional fee will apply.
Registrations are for the individual
- Substitutes/swaps are not acceptable without prior communication with National Office.
- Registration fees are listed in the brochure for registrations before the Early Bird closing date of 1 month before the event date (unless otherwise advised).
- For registrations after this date (i.e. after midnight Vic time), there will be an additional fee of $88 including GST added to the registration fee listed in the
- Traveller’s rates are available only for RURAL SPA members who live more than 300km from their capital city/non-metropolitan member whose return trip
to attend this event is 300km or more from their place of work and/or home address listed on their SPA membership record. (Please ensure your
membership record details are current.)
- This rate also applies to SPA members in the ACT, NT or Tasmanian Branch travelling to a workshop not on offer in your own Branch.
- This rate does NOT apply to metropolitan members travelling intrastate or interstate for this workshop.
- Registrants choosing this class will be contacted if they do not met the eligibility criteria and will have an option to pay the differential or get a refund.
- In accord with this policy which includes “Any personal information we collect from you will be used to promote the speech pathology profession and in
relation to the objects of the Association, including the following purposes: To administer our relationship with third parties, such as our contractors and
agents.”, your information can be forwarded by SPA as relevant for purposes related to delivering services to you, including to speakers, venues, catering
companies, and other suppliers.
- Your information can be used by SPA to: process your registration; send information; and other purposes related to delivering to you services which you
have ordered from SPA.
- For special accessibility requirements, please complete the relevant section when registering online and this information will be forwarded to third
parties/venues as required.
- For all one and two-day workshops, refreshments and lunch will be provided so for special dietary requirements, please complete the relevant section
when registering online.
- When notified of food allergies or intolerances, this information will be forwarded to suppliers (venues/caterers).
- While all care is taken in relation to food allergies and intolerances advised to us by registrants, SPA cannot guarantee completely allergy free meals, nor
held responsible for any adverse reaction.
- Any registrant who has notified of a food intolerance or allergy will be advised and/or have the option to self-cater with a partial refund.
- The registrant is to make themselves known to the CPD rep/s and/or venue staff upon arrival at the venue.
- Please contact the CPD Coordinator if you wish to discuss this and identify yourself to the CPD rep at the event.
- If a registrant is unable to attend, SPA policy is that handouts cannot be made available as ‘stand alone’ materials.
- Except with the Association's prior written approval, workshop materials and handouts must not, in whole or part, be reproduced, modified, adapted, distributed, published or electronically communicated (including by online means)..
Policy re: transfers of registration
- The transfer option is available only if both parties are SPA members, eligible for the same registration fee, and working at the same organisation.
- The request for transfer must be received via email from the original registrant with details of the event and replacement registrant.
- The registrant’s name can be transferred against the payment that has been made if all of the above applies.
• 31 days or more before the start of an event– 90% of registration fee refunded.
• 3-30 days before the start an event - 50% of registration fee refunded
• 1-2 business days before the start of an event or non-attendance – no refund.
• Refunds must be applied for in writing.
• Refund amounts will be credited back to the account used to pay for the registration after the event has concluded.
• If the Association cancels or defers the event: 100% of the registration fee will be refunded. The Association bears no responsibility for any costs incurred (such as flights, accommodation, travel expenses) or loss of income.
Recording/Filming/Photography not permitted by registrants
- Please note this event may be recorded for the Association’s CPD Events Library and/or photographs may be taken for use in SPA resources and
publications. Please contact the CPD Coordinator if you wish to discuss this and/or identify yourself to the CPD rep at the event if you do not wish to be
- Registrants are NOT permitted to record any or part of this event in any format including audio recording, video recording, or through use of mobile
devices for filming or photography.
- SPA does not, nor is able to, guarantee the availability of access to free wifi at events.
Disclaimer: Important Notice: The views expressed in this presentation and reproduced in these materials are not necessarily the views of, or endorsed by, The
Speech Pathology Association of Australia Limited ("the Association"). The Association makes no warranty or representation in relation to the content, currency or
accuracy of any of the materials comprised in this presentation. The Association expressly disclaims any and all liability (including liability for negligence) in respect
of use of these materials and the information contained within them. The Association recommends you seek independent professional advice prior to making any
decision involving matters outlined in this presentation including in any of the materials referred to or otherwise incorporated into this presentation.